Details: A comprehensive two day course designed to ensure First Aid Responders are kept up to date with current procedures and protocols. The Health & Safety Authority (HSA) now recognises the First Aid Response (FAR) training course as meeting the needs of occupational first aid.
This 2-Day course is open to anyone who currently holds a valid Occupational First Aid or First Aid Response Certificate which is due for renewal – even if the previous training was not provided by us. Refresher courses are essential every two years to maintain your status as an First Aid Responder, to keep up with developments in first aid and to refresh skills learned previously that may be only intermittently used.
The refresher course incorporating the CFR Community standard offers a recap of the original course and is designed according to the identification of training needs of the individual participants of each class.
This course is designed to enable the learner to:
- Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider
- Provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of an injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance
- Provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace
- Be familiar with Health and Safety legislation on First Aid provision in the workplace
Method: The course is highly interactive with theory being followed by demonstration, practical tasks and an assessment.
Attendees: Anyone interested in maintaining their skills up to date and their qualification current.
Requirements: Current OFA of FAR Certificate.
Certification: All Safety Training is affiliated to Qualtec which is a PHECC Recognised institution (RI). All successful participants will receive First Aid Responder Certification Which will be valid for two years.
Duration: 2 days
Maximum number of participants: 8