Abrasive Wheel Training Course.
All Safety Training offer operator training which is required under legislation.
This abrasive wheels training course is legally required for all those who are involved in the purchase & selection, storage & handling, mounting, dressing and use of abrasive wheels. This includes either fixed (e.g. Bench grinders or polishers) or portable (e.g. angle grinders) abrasive wheels.
This course is designed to instruct participants in the theory and practice of safe use of Abrasive Wheels to comply with the “Abrasive Wheels Regulations 1982” (SI 30 / 1982).
All Safety Training ‘Abrasive wheel certificate’ is awarded to participants on successful completion of course.
Certification is valid for three years.
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Objectives
On completion of this training participants will be able to:-
- Learn the most common safety risks with using abrasive wheels and put in place measures to recuse the potential and severity of an accident.
- Identify the correct abrasive wheel for different functions wheather it be steel or concrete.
- Be able to select the appropriate wheel for use depanding on the type of steel they are grinding.
- Be able to inspect and recognise damaged wheels.
- Know the correct procedure for mounting an abrasive wheel.
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Content
- Abrasive wheels regulations
- Identifying the hazards working with abrasive wheels
- Selecting the correct wheel for the job
- Inspection & testing of abrasive wheels
- Guarding of grinding and cutting operations
- Dressing and truing of abrasive wheels
- Functions of components, flanges, blotters etc
- Differences between grinding and cutting operations
- Safe mounting of the abrasive wheel
The course is intended for fitters and operators who use abrasive wheels, as defined in legislation.
Assessment is by a theory and practical test.